"On a collapsed highway, a runaway plays the fool. Artless, irreverent, and irresponsible, the world yearns for his end."-flavor text (Prism)
"A mysterious crystal shimmers at the spot where the highway cleaves in twain. The azure dragon and white tiger match fang and claw once more."-flavor text (Crossroads)
The Prism Highway [known simply as "Highway" in Japan] is a stage from Azure Striker Gunvolt 2. It's a local highway that has come under attack by Ghauri, causing it to become gummed up by prisms and Eden forces.
Copen's objective is to defeat Ghauri and stop the attack. But Ghauri's moving too fast for Copen to catch up, and all these prisms in the way don't make it easy, so Nori will provide some assistance...
Gunvolt just gets a fight with Ghauri here. That's it. Even though the flavor text implies you fight Copen here, you really don't.
Xiao: That strange crystal caused the highway to shatter. This is one of The Seven at work for sure. The crystals are still growing, so that means the adept is close! Gunvolt: Roger that. Preparing to strike now. Quinn: Be careful, GV! You too, Joule!
Nori: Copen! An Eden adept just launched a major attack on the highway! He's moving at high speeds and causing extensive damage! Copen: Sounds like I need a way to keep up. Nori: Already on it. Just head for the highway. I'll give you the details later.
Stage Composition Edit
- This stage is filled with prisms that bounce your shots at a 45-degree angle. You can use them for trick shots, but shooting them head-on is a no-no.
- The prisms can be destroyed by the impact of an Aerial Reload or a level 3 Prism Break
- The spiky prisms redirect your shots at a 270-degree angle and hurt on contact. They can be destroyed all the same
- There are several burning cars lying on the road. Touching them hurts. A number of them are sitting underneath sprinkler units, so shooting those will spray water everywhere and douse the flame.
- There's a Spyder unit trapped by prisms at the end of phase 1. For more information, see its portion on the Medium Bosses page.
- Phase 2 involves you riding on Nori's motorcycle while fighting a running battle with Ghauri. He'll create spiky prisms you have to jump over, and a bunch of other prisms you have to dodge or shoot. Once you beat him, he'll run away, sending you to his boss arena.
- It's a straight cut to Ghauri's arena, and his pattern is the same as his battle with Copen.
Road Warrior- Clear in 11 minutes. Rewards 5 Graym Cultures
Cinder-Fella- Clear in 7 minutes. Rewards 1 Custom Servophoton
Technicolor Dream- Clear with Rank B or higher. Rewards 3 Polymer Gm238's
One's Future- Clear with rank A or higher. Rewards 3 Uranium-235 Crystals
The Iris Concerto- Clear with Rank S or higher. Rewards 1 Antigravity Engine
Brilliance- In one run, defeat 8 enemies by reflecting shots from prisms. Rewards 3 Kripp Alloys
Party Crasher- When Ghauri first shows up on the Highway, defeat him in 15 seconds. Rewards 8 Xiwidias
LP Collection- Obtain all 5 medals and clear the stage. Rewards 10 Graym Cultures
Utopian Beat- Clear the stage 3 times. Rewards 2 Custom Servophotons.
Sonic Cerulean- Clear in 4 minutes. Rewards 3K Vig
Azure Lightspeed- Clear in 2 minutes. Rewards 10K Vig
Steppin' Up- Clear with Rank B or higher. Rewards 5K Vig
Jet Dance- Clear with Rank A or higher. Rewards 10K Vig
You Got Served!- Clear with Rank S or higher. Rewards 20K Vig
Thunder Tolls- Clear without using Skills. Rewards 20K Vig
Crossroads of Fate- Clear 3 times. Rewards 10 Nanochip 98's