Mighty Gunvolt (マイティガンヴォルト Maiti Ganvoruto in Japan) is a platform video game developed by Inti Creates originally for the Nintendo 3DS platform in 2014. The game is a spin-of of Inti Creates' Azure Striker Gunvolt, additionally featuring characters from Gal*Gun and Mighty No. 9. It was followed by a sequel, Mighty Gunvolt Burst.
The game follows the classic 8 Bit games similar to the first 6 Megaman games.
Using a simple engine, a platform game that you need to shoot your way through all the Stages (you can download new Stages after you complete the game). Each character has their own ability: Gunvolt can perform double jumps and use a chargeable lightning attack (similar to the first Azure Striker game). Ekoro can float while in mid-air without issues and can attract enemies and Beck can use Tackles and/or slides to access new areas and destroy opponents (similar to the Mighty No.9 game).
The game was released on the Nintendo eShop on August 20, 2014 in Japan and April 2, 2015 in Europe. A port for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, titled Gal Gunvolt (ぎゃるガンヴォルト Gyaru Ganvoruto in japan), was released in Japan on August 6 2015. A version of the original Mighty Gunvolt has also been announced for [Microsoft] Windows, and will be available for free to purchasers of Azure Striker Gunvolt within the first month of its release on PC.
Mighty Gunvolt got a spotlight for being a good game from the oldschool. The game can end within 1 hour for an expert player but still got 4 stars on almost all reviews since it was the first game that persons could play with Beck from Mighty No.9 and being a free game for the purchasers of Azure Striker Gunvolt.
- The attacks from the bosses are loosely based on their original ones.
- Ekoro is originally from the game Gal^Gun.
- Beck is originally the protagonist of the game Mighty No.9.
- Both games (Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty No.9) were produced by Keiji Inafune, the creator of the Megaman franchise.
- Gunvolt has appeared a duo with both of the other playable characters; him and Ekoro were the first two announced DLC characters in the game Blaster Master Zero, and then starred with Beck in Mighty Gunvolt Burst.